How the NGD toilet door works
After the pad switch operated, the NGD toilet door opens and closes automatically upon the lapse of a predetermined hold-open time. By operating the changeover switch inside the toilet cabin, the user activates the illuminated sign ‘Occupied’ outside the compartment as well as the control lamp at the changeover switch.
Simultaneously the interior and exterior pad is switched off. Thus the door can neither be opened by another person nor by the user himself by accident. To leave lavatory, the user again operates the changeover switch, the sign ‘vacant’ outside the compartment will appear illuminated.
After the pad switch operated, the toilet door opens and closes automatically upon the lapse of a predetermined hold-open time. By operating the changeover switch inside the toilet cabin, the user activates the illuminated sign ‘Occupied’ outside the compartment as well as the control lamp at the changeover switch.
Simultaneously the interior and exterior pad is switched off. Thus the door can neither be opened by another person nor by the user himself by accident. To leave lavatory, the user again operates the changeover switch, the sign ‘Vacant’ outside the compartment will appear illuminated.
By operating the interior pad switch ‘push-open’, the door will immediately open. In the case of a power failure, the user can open the door manually by pushing or pulling it open. In an emergency, the door can also manually opened from outside using a key. ADIS has designed a complete automatic door which includes privacy locking system, door notification and activation control specially designed for commercial disable toilet doors.
- Maximum opening width – 4000 mm
- Maximum door weight – 240 kg
- Opening speed, variable – 250-1200 mm/sec
- Closing speed, variable – 50-600 mm/sec
- Door open dwell time – 0-30 sec
- Manual opening/closing force – <30N.
Push buttons control panel for entry
Access toilet by push button with display light to notify if toilet is VACANT or in USE.
Door control Internally in the toilet to notify and secure door closed for privacy.
Please download the specs on our ADIS NGD toilet doors by clicking the link below.
The Automatic Door Operator is to be a fully electric operator, housed in an extruded aluminium low profile transom section (Height 132mm x Width 155mm) the unit shall be Australian made by an Australian owned company, must comply to AS4085-1992, have a class 3 rating, to suit bi-parting or single sliding doors.
- The equipment will incorporate electronic computerized DC Motor with a built-in optical sensor for precise movement, high torque for a maintenance-free life.
- The pelmet shall incorporate an integrated and interlocking hinge for secure closure and maximum cover. The design shall enable the operator to be fitted flush to the ceiling when required, while the pelmet may be opened fully or removed for access.
- The multifunctional microprocessor control unit shall feature the following:
- Self-calibrating and programmable modes.
- Fully compensates door weight and friction, therefore, delivering the optimum force for efficient operation.
- Independent circuits for pressing closed at the end of the closing stroke.
- Provision for full interfacing with all types of building security/alarm systems.
- Open speed control.
- Closing speed control.
- Brake control: preventing the doors from slamming shut.
- End Position-damping control for accurate slow down of door movement.
- Built-in UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for the continued operation of the door under power failure.
- The option of Solar power provision to be included.
- The tracking system is to be dual linear track designed for accuracy and long service life fitted with anti rise wheels with no possibility of doors disengaging off tracks. The upper track shall be made of harder and stronger alloy and be replaceable. Each track wheel is fitted with track wipers to maintain clean contact.
- Safety feature: Moving doors will automatically reverse when travelling in either direction, if obstructed, sensitivity setting to be programmable.
- During a power failure or emergency, the Failsafe device will fully open the doors. The fail secure mode will close and secure the doors until power is restored.
- Provision for climate control shall be available. Door opening can be restricted from 50% of normal door operation during high winds or low traffic situations.
- Dual sets of sun-resistant P.E. light cells flush-mounted in the door jambs will prevent doors from closing if the threshold area is obstructed. Fitting of P.E. light cells will be at 150mm and 600mm from finished floor level.
- Door drive shall be by way of toothed belt reinforced with fibreglass tensile members, will incorporate nylon facing surface for pulley tooth protection, for silent and service-free operation
An electric lock option is available to give total security and can be adapted where manual locking can not be achieved, i.e. frameless toughened glass doors. Lock type is the microprocessor-controlled electric locking system. The microprocessor monitors all aspects of the locks functions; e.g. To ensure the door is fully closed when the lock is 100% engaged. Terminal outputs are available to signal to security systems both door position and lock status. The microprocessor is also self-diagnosing.
Activation shall be one of the following:
• Microwave sensors
• Flush-mounted sensors
• Passive infrared sensors
• Fine line sensors
• Induction loops
• Remote control transmitter
• Key card system.
Awards Winning Products
ADIS Automatic Doors have been successful in achieving the Australian design award for excellence in product design & excellence in product efficiency.
The operator shall be installed by the manufacturer or the authorised service agent.
3 Years Full Parts Warranty
All ADIS framed door units are covered by a three-year parts warranty and a 12-month labour warranty.